|Sampling & Monitoring|
At last, disposable tubing for groundwater sampling which is landfill biodegradable!
Landfill Biodegradable - Responsible use of Disposable Plastic
Is sampling groundwater sustainably important to your business? ...then switch to 'BioTubing'
- Once used and discarded to a landfill it will biodegrade* (consumed by bacteria)
- 100m rolls of LDPE tubing in sizes to suit low-flow pumps or manual footvalves
- Lab tested and verified for cleanliness and leaching under USEPA 8260B and USEPA 8270 processes
- Only starts to biodegrade* when discarded and buried in a microbe rich environment such as a landfill
- Sealed in landfill biodegradable* bag for cleanliness, and site cleanup
- Supplied on a reel made from recycled cardboard (cardboard will naturally biodegrade in a landfill)
- BioTubing will biodegrade to plant food humus in estimated 5-10 years in a typical landfill depending on site conditions*
- Available in 1/4" (6.3mm) OD and 3/8" (9.5mm) OD for low-flow groundwater sampling. These 2 sizes are also available as 'bonded tubing' (see below).
- 5/8" (16mm) OD sized BioTubing is also available for sampling with a footvalve or for use with a 12V pump. This size is often refered to as Waterra Tubing. HDPE (high density polyethylene) version of this size is also available for deeper sampling and is recommended if sampling greater than 20m with a footvalve. Please note that the HDPE version is not biodegradable
- 1/2" (12.7mm) OD BioTubing available for 12V or perristaltic pump use
*Biodegradation as per ASTM D5511 for anaerobic landfill conditions.
Bonded Tubing for Low-Flow Sampling:
Our bonded tubing has the 1/4" and 3/8" tubes bonded together with a thin bridge and conveniently packaged on a 100m spool. The air and water lines have been bonded during the extrusion (manufacturing) process, and can be separated easily in the field to connect to a pump and controller fittings. It is recommended to scrape the bonding bridge clean with a knife to ensure a perfect seal. Many people prefer using bonded tubing as it can simplify pump deplyment and handling, and it can reduce the possibility of getting pumps stuck.
The easiest way to manage your bonded tubing during pump depolyment, sampling, and storage, is by using the Rapid Reel tubing dispenser.
Tubing Removal Tool:
FTS has developed a unique tool for removing tubing from push-lock fittings. Easy on the fingers and finger nails. Simply slide it over the tubing and push back on the fittings. Fits 3/8" and ¼” tubing. See pic. 4 left.
BioTubing is made from landfill-biodegradable* LDPE (low density polyethylene), and will only start to biodegrade once in a microbe rich environment such as a landfill. It does not require high oxygen or temperature to biodegrade such as in a commercial compost. BioTubing enables you to achieve high sampling integrity plus operate more sustainably.
Our BioTubing has been independently tested for any leaching of 58 VOCs and 101 SVOCs. The VOCs were tested using USEPA 8260B process and the semi VOCs via USEPA 8270.
After tumbling for 18 hours the tubing showed 'non detect' on all the compounds analysed for. These compounds included Phthalates and PAHs. Data available on request.
Waste Plastic Facts:
- In Australia alone over 1.5 million tons of plastic waste is disposed of each year, approximately 30 million tons in the USA, and about 5 million tons in the UK
- Unfortunately most of this goes to landfill with only a small percentage being recycled
- The use of plastic in western Europe and Australia is growing by about 4% each year
- Plastic can take up to 500 years to decompose
- Nearly every piece of plastic ever made still exists today
- By using BioTubing and other landfill-biodegradable products you are helping to reduce the amount of plastic waste build-up in our landfills
*Biodegradation has been verified by independent laboratory using ASTM D5511 for anaerobic landfill conditions.
|BTLFA||BioTubing, landfill biodegradable tubing , LDPE, 1/4" OD, 100m, air line for low-flow sampling|
|BTLFW||BioTubing, landfill biodegradable tubing, LDPE, 3/8" OD, 100m, water line for low-flow sampling|
|BTLFB||BioTubing, Twin Bonded 1/4 & 3/8" OD tubes, 100m, landfill-biodegradable|
|BTWAT58||BioTubing, landfill biodegradable, LDPE, 5/8" OD, 100m, for Waterra footvalves|
|BTWAT5/8HD||Tubing HDPE, 5/8" OD, 100m, for Waterra footvalves.|
|BTLD1/2||BioTubing, landfill biodegradable, LDPE, 1/2" OD 100m|
|TRT100||Tubing removal tool, enables easy removal of LDPE tubing from pump fittings|